When you download Wishes, you are getting more than a book. You are getting the award-winning, comprehensive literacy program that will help your child become a confident reader and develop critical thinking skills. Wishes is widely used in the most innovative school districts throughout the United States today!
A beautifully illustrated interactive book with rhyming, music, and alliteration.
Three levels of games that develop vocabulary, short-term memory skills, phonemic awareness, and reading fluency.
Three levels of games that improve comprehension and test taking skills.
Three levels of games that assess learning objectives within the book.
Three levels of games that reinforce letter recognition and enhance spelling skills.
A unique writing tool that encourages your child to become an author by creating variations of the book he/she just read.
A young boy has an amazing list of wishes for his big day. From going on a picnic to riding a giraffe to petting a lion, his list is long and imaginative. Readers will be delighted to see just how his parents fulfill his every wish.
Your Child Will Learn:
• Students will identify action words.
• Students will distinguish the meanings of homographs used as nouns and action words.
• to understand past tense with –ed endings.
• to understand the use of adjectives.
• to analyze illustrations for comprehension.
• to complete the sentence I wish to _____.
Key Features That Promote Reading in Young Children:
• Words are highlighted as the story is read.
• Individual words are spoken when touched.
• Research-based academic words reinforce vocabulary needed for school.
• Auditory support, rhyming, and alliteration develop reading fluency.
• Unique English/Spanish toggle switch provides bilingual support on every page.
• Three levels of game play promote independent learning.
• Stories come to life with interactive animations and music.
• Engaging content with surprises on every page.