When you download Surprise Parade, you are getting more than a book. You are getting the award-winning, comprehensive literacy program that will help your child become a confident reader and develop critical thinking skills. Surprise Parade is widely used in the most innovative school districts throughout the United States today!
A beautifully illustrated interactive book with rhyming, music, and alliteration.
Three levels of games that develop vocabulary, short-term memory skills, phonemic awareness, and reading fluency.
Three levels of games that improve comprehension and test taking skills.
Three levels of games that assess learning objectives within the book.
Three levels of games that reinforce letter recognition and enhance spelling skills.
A unique writing tool that encourages your child to become an author by creating variations of the book he/she just read.
When a young boy wakes up, he is excited about the costume parade. Then he realizes he has a bad cold and must stay in bed. That afternoon, his mother suggests he look out the window. To his delight, a series of relatives and friends in costumes parade by his room—his very own surprise parade!
Your Child Will Learn:
• to identify nouns.
• to identify action words.
• to identify compound verbs.
• the conjunction "and."
• to create short noun-verb sentences.
• to identify prepositions.
• to identify prepositional phrases.
• to identify the sequence of a story.
Key Features That Promote Reading in Young Children:
• Words are highlighted as the story is read.
• Individual words are spoken when touched.
• Research-based academic words reinforce vocabulary needed for school.
• Auditory support, rhyming, and alliteration develop reading fluency.
• Unique English/Spanish toggle switch provides bilingual support on every page.
• Three levels of game play promote independent learning.
• Stories come to life with interactive animations and music.
• Engaging content with surprises on every page.