When you download Holly Hides, you are getting more than a book. You are getting the award-winning, comprehensive literacy program that will help your child become a confident reader and develop critical thinking skills. Holly Hides is widely used in the most innovative school districts throughout the United States today!
A beautifully illustrated interactive book with rhyming, music, and alliteration.
Three levels of games that develop vocabulary, short-term memory skills, phonemic awareness, and reading fluency.
Three levels of games that improve comprehension and test taking skills.
Three levels of games that assess learning objectives within the book.
Three levels of games that reinforce letter recognition and enhance spelling skills.
A unique writing tool that encourages your child to become an author by creating variations of the book he/she just read.
Holly and her brother play a game of Hide and Seek. He looks for her all through the house, under
the bed, between the chairs, inside a box. Holly is nowhere to be found, not even in a basket of
dirty laundry! Finally, Holly surprises her brother—she finds him!
Your Child Will Learn:
• to read aloud with expression.
• to identify and understand the purpose of end punctuation.
• to identify rhymes.
• to identify nouns.
• to identify and categorize prepositions.
• to identify and create prepositional phrases.
Key Features That Promote Reading in Young Children:
• Words are highlighted as the story is read.
• Individual words are spoken when touched.
• Research-based academic words reinforce vocabulary needed for school.
• Auditory support, rhyming, and alliteration develop reading fluency.
• Unique English/Spanish toggle switch provides bilingual support on every page.
• Three levels of game play promote independent learning.
• Stories come to life with interactive animations and music.
• Engaging content with surprises on every page.